|Defence Construction Canada|
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posted: January 8th 2018
Deadline: January 21st, 2018
Salary: $64,363 to $83,673 per year
Defence Construction Canada (DCC) is a Crown corporation that provides innovative and cost-effective contracting, construction contract management, infrastructure and environmental services, and lifecycle support for Canada's defence requirements.
Our Client-Partners are the Assistant Deputy Minister Infrastructure and Environment (ADM IE) Group at the Department of National Defence (DND) and the Communications Security Establishment (CSE).
We are currently recruiting for a Coordinator, Commissioning.
The Coordinator, Commissioning, carries out commissioning activities (e.g. prepare reports, verify and witness static and dynamic testing, inspect building systems) for contracts with medium or high complexity commissioning requirements. The incumbent may act as commissioning authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review drawings and specifications for commissioning requirements
- Prepare design review, commissioning and testing reports
- Verify equipment installation and function, and witness static and dynamic testing
- Complete estimates for contract changes
- Review consultant statements of work to ensure commissioning requirements are clear and comply with DCC quality assurance requirements
- Identify potential commissioning problems and make recommendations to construction coordinators on possible solutions
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within DCC, and with industry, the Client-Partners and/or stakeholders
- Ensure quality standards are met, in line with corporate and Client-Partner expectations
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum: college diploma in mechanical or building automation control systems or related field with four years’ relevant experience, or the equivalent
- Valid drivers license
General and Specific Knowledge:
- Best practices, methods, trends and legislation in construction commissioning
- New building commissioning, retro- and recommissioning of existing buildings
- Commissioning schedules, tools and technologies
- Roles and responsibilities of the project team in commissioning and training
- System-by-system commissioning requirements
- Testing Air Balancing and verification procedures
- Project, contract and risk management principles
- Health and safety management
- Use applicable computer software and operating systems
- Apply various steps in the commissioning process to a project
- Apply project, contract and risk management techniques
- Provide functional advice and guidance to employees and to Client-Partners
- Typical construction site environment; incumbent is required to wear basic safety equipment
- Some work may be in a typical office environment with occasional travel
Our Mission: Your Opportunity. All DCC employees can make a difference by supporting Canada's troops and contributing to the defence of the country.
Click here to apply online.
|Defence Construction Canada|
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|