|Reference Number: 12182017|
|Department of Medicine, The Ottawa Hospital|
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: January 8th 2018
Deadline: January 31st, 2018
Salary: $70.00 to $90.00 per hour
The Department of Medicine of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa and the Ottawa Hospital is made up of faculty and support staff who are part of a cohesive team working to build bridges for the purposes of linking expertise, learning, knowledge and hands-on practice to improve patient care locally, nationally, and internationally. We are a dedicated and energetic Department with over 425 physicians and 160 support staff. Faculty and staff members work hard towards maintaining our standing as an innovative academic health care leader focused on advancing, developing and delivering cutting-edge medical research, outstanding patient care and high-quality education.
We are currently recruiting for an Executive Director.
The Executive Director (ED) plays a key role in the leadership and operations of the Department of Medicine and the University of Ottawa Medical Associates (UMA). Reporting to and working closely with the Chief/Chair of the Department of Medicine and the Chairman of UMA, the ED manages an interdisciplinary administrative team, sits on the Departmental Executive, Division Heads and Finance committees and is accountable for the design, implementation and management of the administrative systems and structures of the organization.
- MBA or graduate degree in a related field
- Proven leadership ability and management track record with ten or more years of relevant professional experience in a senior leadership / senior administrative / senior management role preferably in the health care sector.
- Five or more years of experience working closely with or for academic physicians and with clinical practice plans
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing an organization with multiple stakeholders and professionals
- Creative and innovative ability to draft and implement policies, programs, procedures and directives for the benefit of the organization and its members
- Ability to think strategically and manage effectively with excellent analytical skills, good decision-making ability, exceptional team building and management skills
- Demonstrates imagination, vision, diplomacy and the ability to build consensus with all stakeholders, while also demonstrating an ability to make difficult decisions in a manner respectful of the organization
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Demonstrated success leading complex organizational change
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of financial management including business management, cost/benefit analysis, risk management, forecasting, accounting, financial reporting, resource allocations and activity-based costing to manage and monitor program budgets, cost estimates, revenues, fees, cost-recovery plans, risk assessment, cost-benefit analysis, contracts and memorandum of understanding
- Good verbal and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and influencing skills to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong experience in human resources management and leadership of integrated teams in a complex environment, including experience in successfully managing remote and cross-cultural teams of professionals
- Solid understanding of medical school, residency and fellowship program administration
- Knowledge of tax laws, guidelines and requirements as well as employment and labour law
- Fluency in English is required. Ability to effectively communicate in both English and French is an asset
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward resume and cover letter quoting the corresponding Competition Number, by email, fax or by regular mail. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 PM EST on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Support staff are employees of the hiring physician(s) or Division and the Ottawa Hospital is the paymaster of our employees. Although our employees have offices within the Ottawa Hospital, they are not employed by the Ottawa Hospital.
The Department of Medicine is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. The Department of Medicine will, upon request provide accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Department of Medicine, The Ottawa Hospital
501 Smyth Road, Box 206
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|