|Township of Whitewater Region|
Location: Cobden, Ontario
Posted: October 10th 2017
Deadline: November 6th, 2017
Salary: $76,249 - $88,393 per year
Located within the scenic Ottawa Valley and bordered by the Ottawa River, the Township of Whitewater Region is a dynamic place to live, work and play. Known worldwide for whitewater rafting and kayaking, we offer a variety of year-round activities such as golfing, snowmobiling, camping, boating, fishing and cross-country skiing.
From our vast acres of farmland to our small, unique hamlets and villages to our wide expanses of water, the Township of Whitewater Region invites everyone to experience rural and urban life in perfect harmony.
We are currently recruiting for a Fire Chief/CEMC.
The Fire Chief is responsible for the overall management and operation of the volunteer fire department, including fire prevention, fire suppression, emergency response, training, Fire Code enforcement, and public education and community relations. In addition, the position is also responsible for the township’s emergency management program, as this position also serves as the Community Emergency Management Coordinator. The township is served by a volunteer fire department with up to 75 firefighters.
- 1001 Firefighter I and II (required)
- 1021 Fire Officer I (required) and II (preferred)
- 1041 Fire Service Instructor I and II (preferred)
- 1031 Fire Inspector I and II (preferred)
- 1035 Public Information Officer (preferred)
- 1035 Fire Life Safety Educator (preferred)
- Five years of progressive experience in a fire department with three years of experience at a supervisory or management level
- Thorough knowledge of firefighting and emergency response, applicable legislative and regulatory standards, budget formulation, local government functions, health and safety and employee relations practices
- Highly developed collaboration, leadership and communication skills with a strong sense of public service
- Computer proficiency and report writing
- Certification in Community Emergency Management (preferred)
- Valid DZ driver’s license in good standing, current CPR and First Aid AED
Compensation: $76,249 - $88,393 (35 hours per week, with OMERS and benefits package)
Please forward your detailed resume with covering letter (in MS Word or PDF format), referencing “Fire Chief/CEMC Competition” by Monday, November 6, 2017.
Click here for a full job description.
The township is committed to providing a barrier free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
|Robert Tremblay, CAO/Clerk|
Township of Whitewater Region
44 Main Street,
Cobden, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|