|Layman Fire and Safety|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: May 27th 2020
Deadline: July 26th, 2020
Layman Fire & Safety is a business dedicated to safety. For 40 years, we have been providing fire and safety equipment and services to businesses and organizations throughout the Ottawa Valley. In 2019, we added a master electrician to our staff and expanded the business to include Layman Electric. We are a small business and we are known for an unwavering commitment to Ontario Fire Code and Ontario Electrical Code standards. We conduct our business by the book with no exceptions.
Business has been growing and we require an additional Electrician to join our team. This position is available immediately.
The Electrician will work in residential and commercial settings. General responsibilities will include:
- Install, maintain and enhance electrical systems and components
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows electrical codes, blueprints and standards
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs
- Licensed Electrical Journeyman
- A minimum of five years of experience as an electrician
- Comfortable working independently
- Vast knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code
- Must have own (common) personal tools
- Canadian Fire Alarm Association (CFAA) licence is an asset
- Valid driver's licence and clean driver's abstract
- Represent Layman Fire & Safety in a professional and enthusiastic manner
- Cultivate strong customer relationships
- Carry out labour work in a safe and responsible method
- A high degree of integrity; honest and dedicated
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds or more
- Flexible to work earlier or later days if required
As a small business, integrity leads all the work we do. We take responsibility to our customers very seriously. The best person for this position will be someone who shares those values.
This position comes with a variety of benefits, including a competitive hourly wage, work uniform and a vehicle.
We would appreciate you sending your resume by email in MS Word or PDF format.
|Joel Layman, Owner|
Layman Fire and Safety
235 Biesenthal Road,
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|