|Canadian Nuclear Laboratories|
Location: Chalk River, Ontario
Posted: November 15th 2018
Deadline: January 14th, 2019
As Canada’s premier nuclear science and technology (S&T) organization Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) serves the nation as an enabler of business innovation and technology transfer. And, we foster the development of highly qualified people for the knowledge economy to come.
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) is recruiting for Electricians. There are three positions available.
n Electrician is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems to ensure functionality, reliability and conformity with regulations and safety of the public, personnel and the environment.
- Provide electrical services to the CRL site including preventative maintenance, installation, repair and testing of electrical equipment to ensure the accurate functionality of equipment and instruments.
- Perform the operational troubleshooting of all electrical equipment and related systems to determine the cause of the problems and the required corrective action.
- Assist the department by recommending the procurement of materials, spares, tools and equipment and initiating the ordering of parts required for stock and repairs to ensure timely completion of work.
- Develop work plans and upgrades in procedures and make recommendations of modification to equipment or changes to maintenance programs to improve reliability and efficiency of equipment.
- Prepare and maintain service records of all work completed and work required ensuring consistent recording and follow up.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices of all work areas, tools and equipment, adhering to provincial, federal and CNL regulations in order to provide a safe and efficient working environment. Attend monthly safety meetings and immediately report any safety concerns and/or infractions. Apply CNL's Event Free Tools procedure throughout the execution of assigned work and model this behaviour and knowledge to others.
- Assist in the training, coaching and mentoring of new employees in safe practices and procedures.
- Secondary school graduation diploma and qualification as an Electrician typically acquired through the completion of the required 9000-hour apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of all applicable codes and standards and all applicable CNL procedures in order to provide a safe and healthy work environment.
- Demonstrated use and endorsement of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to read and interpret technical diagrams, blueprints and drawings.
- Written and verbal communication skills to be able to work in multi-trade groups and communicate with CNL staff across a broad range of disciplines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in order to update and write procedures, create spreadsheets, input data and communicate via email.
CNL has an employment equity program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We offer employees the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. If you are talented, driven and have the vision to lead, your potential growth at CNL is unlimited. Join our team and we can grow and achieve our results and goals together!
|Canadian Nuclear Laboratories|
Chalk River, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|