MSW Social Worker II
MSW Social Worker II
|Reference Number: #2017-38|
|Lanark Leeds and Grenville Addictions and Mental Health|
Location: Smiths Falls, Ontario
Posted: November 24th 2017
Deadline: January 6th, 2018
Salary: $32.47 to $34.81 per hour
Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Addictions and Mental Health offers services and programmes to people who are experiencing mental health or addiction issues. Mental health services are provided for individuals who are 16 years and older and addictions services to persons of any age. It is our goal to ensure that you have the skills and tools in place to live rewarding lives. We also recognize that family members and caregivers play a significant role within our client’s circle of care. Our programming includes support for family members and caregivers through counselling and group related activities.
We are currently recruiting for a MSW Social Worker II - MSW, Concurrent Counsellor. This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week located in Smiths Falls.
You will be part of the multi-disciplinary team, and will provide therapeutic counselling utilizing a variety of evidence based approaches to develop a supportive and empathetic based counselling relationship with clients to assist the client in their personal growth. The counselling is recovery focused, time limited, promoting independence through sessions that are solution focused and utilize client strengths to address both additions and mental health. The Counsellor challenges the client to take emotional risks, to feel and act empowered and to develop a positive vision for the future.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work effectively with clients who present multiple and complex issues with addictions and mental health
- Provide individualized and/or therapeutic counselling, as well as group counselling
- Empower, challenge and guide clients through thoughts, feelings, choices and actions which will enhance their personal growth
- Based on client needs, work with the individual to begin the process of establishing goal-oriented and time-limited case management follow-up with flexibility to meet changing client needs
- Assist clients to define and understand their problems and learn the skills to act on them
- Present intake assessment to case managers for service provision and provide file to clinical records admission person for time standard process.
- Provide short term intervention counselling to clients if required, based on length of wait to internal, external direct service referral
- Inform clients of other services available in the community and make appropriate referrals if and when needed
- Evaluate individual client progress on an ongoing basis, ensuring changes as appropriate
- Maintain accurate and current confidential client progress reports and other notes as per client management software and other documentary requirements
- Participate in case conferences, team and staff meetings
- Represent the Lanark Leeds and Grenville Addictions and Mental Health philosophy to the community at large
- A minimum of a Masters of Social Work degree or equivalent Masters of Counselling, with at least two years community mental health and addictions experience
- Current registration with the appropriate college and regulatory body is considered an asset
- Experience working with SMI individuals and individuals with addictions, including those having specialty and or complex needs
- Experience working with individuals with concurrent disorders
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle
Skills and Abilities:
- Specific knowledge of short-term counselling techniques and solution focused strategies in mental health and addictions
- An understanding of the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation, and the Recovery Philosophy in mental health and addictions
- Knowledge of evidence based counselling strategies and techniques for addictions and mental health
- Knowledge of trauma informed strategies focusing with this population
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- A high level of independent decision making skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Willingness to be flexible and facilitate change
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 (A compressed work schedule is not an option).
Please send resume via email.
|Danielle Groulx, CHRP, Human Resources Generalist|
Lanark Leeds and Grenville Addictions and Mental Health
Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|