Early Years Funding Coordinator
Early Years Funding Coordinator
|Reference Number: #17-P-40|
|City of Peterborough|
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posted: October 11th 2017
Deadline: October 20th, 2017
Salary: $59,451 to $62,346 per year
A diversified and active community with a population of approximately 81,000 people, offers excellent opportunities for growth, as well as higher learning at Trent University and Fleming College. The City of Peterborough is currently seeking an Early Years Funding Coordinator in the Community Services/Social Services department.
Reporting to the Children's Services Program Manager, the Early Years Funding Coordinator plans and coordinates the administration and delivery of the Child Care Fee Subsidy program, including the fee subsidy operational practices, annual budget, waitlist and Purchase of Service agreements with service providers. Oversees the administration, training and support for the Ontario Child Care Management System (OCCMS). Plans and coordinates the administration of funding related to operating grants for licensed child care operators.
- Community college diploma in Early Childhood Education and at least three years experience in an early years or child care program including experience with financial accounting practices and principles, audit and contract management.
- Requires an individual with thorough knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act and a comprehensive understanding of licensed child care operations.
- Requires an advanced level of computer skills using Windows, Microsoft Office Suite with accurate data entry skills and the ability to implement and operate provincial technology (OCCMS).
- Must have well developed interpersonal and communications skills with excellent analytical, negotiation and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong organization and time management skills with a high attention to detail is required.
- This position requires an individual who can work with minimal supervision and who has the ability to manage competing priorities and coordinate a number of tasks at one time.
- This position is required to write, interpret and communicate detailed policy and procedure.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent team work and facilitation skills with a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a résumé and cover letter, quoting file number no later than 12:00 p.m. on Friday, October 20, 2017, via email, mail or fax.
We thank you for your application, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Peterborough is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the City's goods, services and facilities. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
The personal information submitted for employment is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
|Human Resources Division|
City of Peterborough
City Hall, 500 George Street North,
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|