|Developmental Services of Leeds and Grenville|
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posted: August 10th 2019
Deadline: August 16th, 2019
Since 1983 Developmental Services of Leeds and Grenville has offered a variety of clinical and family support services to children and adults living in the counties of Leeds and Grenville. Services are available to individuals who are experiencing a developmental/ intellectual disability or in some cases to children who may be at risk for a developmental/intellectual disability. Services are also available to the family, the school, the community and other human service organizations that affect the individual. We strive to make our broad range of support services inclusive, individualized and emphasize full participation in community life. We work collaboratively with our community partners to be innovative and translate our fundamental beliefs into daily practice.
We are currently recruiting for a Social Worker. This is a full-time position.
The position of the Social Worker is responsible for providing a broad range of clinical and support casework services to developmentally disabled clients (adults and children) and other individuals (parents, guardians, primary caregivers, etc). The Social Worker position gathers information, coordinates the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans, liaises with inter- and intra-agency personnel and advocates on behalf of clients and families.
- Masters degree in social work (registered in Ontario)
- 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of the needs and best practice service standards for persons with developmental disabilities
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Well-developed support and interview skills to assist client facilitation
- Able to work with multi-disciplinary team members
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to build rapport and trust
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to explain abstract concepts to clients and professionals of varied backgrounds and abilities
- Sound judgment and interpretation skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Very good relationship management, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Understanding of the variety of learning styles and communication techniques necessary to best impart knowledge
- CPI, CPR and First Aid
- Valid Ontario driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Extensive experience with evaluation and test analysis documentation
Please forward all applications by August 16th, 2019 at 4:00pm.
Developmental Services of Leeds and Grenville welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
|Krista Beaupre, Human Resources Manager|
Developmental Services of Leeds and Grenville
61 King Street East,
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|