|Municipality of Mississippi Mills|
Location: Almonte, Ontario
Posted: July 27th 2017
Deadline: August 16th, 2017
Salary: $83,252 to $102,338 per year
The Municipality of Mississippi Mills located in the County of Lanark has a population of 13,163. We are currently recruiting for a Planner. The Planner reports to the CAO and is accountable to Council for policy implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Planner will be responsible for the management of the land use and improvement planning programs administered under the Planning Act, which includes:
- Processes applications for zoning by-law amendments, official plan amendments, minor variances and administers all subdivision agreements
- Prepares studies and reports on planning related issues for Council's consideration
- Prepares site plan control agreements and coordinates the review of same with internal departments and outside agencies
- Responsible for the development and ongoing reviews of the Municipality's Official Plan and Zoning By-law
- Administers and enforces land use planning procedures and policies
- Post secondary education in a planning related field
- A minimum of five years related experience in a position of similar responsibility, or a suitable combination of education and planning experience
- Eligibility for membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners/Ontario Professional Planners Institute
- Sound working knowledge of computers
- Experience with GIS would be an asset
- Strong management, supervisory, analytical and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
Click here for the complete job description.
Interested candidates are invited to submit in confidence, a resume outlining their qualifications to the undersigned no later than 12 o'clock noon on Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
If you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 613 256-2064. Should you require any special accommodations in order to apply or interview for a position with Mississippi Mills we will endeavour to make such accommodations.
|Diane Smithson, CAO|
Municipality of Mississippi Mills
3131 Old Perth Road, PO Box 400,
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|