Manager of Facilities
Manager of Facilities
|Hospice Care Ottawa|
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: January 5th 2018
Deadline: January 19th, 2018
Hospice Care Ottawa is a community-based charitable organization whose mission is to accompany and support individuals, and their families, through their end of life journey by providing compassionate, high quality care. Hospice Care Ottawa programs include day hospice, home support, family support, and residential hospice services. Hospice Care Ottawa delivers these services at three sites: May Court Hospice, La Maison de l’Est, and Ruddy-Shenkman Hospice. We rely on and value the contribution of over 1000 volunteers who contribute to every aspect of our program. Hospice Care Ottawa is looking for people to work in a supportive integrated environment who are committed to supporting the highest quality palliative care.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Manager of Facilities.
As the Manager of Facilities for Hospice Care Ottawa, you are responsible for the overall facility management of our three Ottawa sites: Ruddy-Shenkman Hospice in Kanata, May Court site in Old Ottawa South and Maison de l’Est site in Orleans. You will coordinate and control activities necessary to maintain the physical structure, H.V.A.C., mechanical and electrical systems, and utilities of Hospice Care Ottawa. This position has the responsibility to ensure facility systems and utilities are operational and in safe working condition.
The Manager of Facilities also supervises all facilities staff including housekeeping, maintenance and food services and has accountability for the management of projects including planning, resource assignment, documentation, budgets, communications and identification of risks. As a member of the senior leadership team you will share in the overall management responsibilities for Hospice Care Ottawa and in particular take on the oversite and management of occupational health and safety including fire prevention and accessibility at our three locations.
- Maintain building exterior and interior by performing preventive maintenance with a custodial team
- Oversee and schedule staff in housekeeping and food services
- Remain up-to-date with fire safety and building code legislation
- Inspect overall buildings to determine functional issues and trouble shoot repair requirements
- Prepare annual maintenance schedules
- Perform minor electrical – repair fixtures, replace bulbs, ballasts, cords etc
- Perform minor plumbing - leaks, drains, clogs, drains, washing machine connections etc
- Maintain appliance maintenance (filters, annual cleaning etc)
- Knowledge, planning and decision making to schedule contractor work for “more than minor” repairs inclusive of estimates if outside warranty
- Record keeping for all minor and major repairs
- Performs ad-hoc duties
- Ability to flex hours if required around seasonal time demands
- On call - compensated
- University degree or college diploma in facility management, engineering, or relevant field
- Three years working experience in facility maintenance preferably in a health care setting
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- At least one year working in a supervisory role.
- Must be knowledgeable in building codes, fire codes and safety regulations as per the OH&S Act.
- Experience in dealing with:
- heating, ventilation and A/C (HVAC)
- emergency power systems
- preventative maintenance system
- security systems
- environmental cleaning systems
- Valid Driver’s License and use of reliable vehicle
- Provision of Police Record check. (Vulnerable Sector)
- Fluent English verbal and written / verbal French is considered an asset
- Computer skills – Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses the breadth of experience and specialist knowledge required to deal with all facets of facilities and asset management.
- Logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Physically able to work on your feet for long periods of time, kneeling, climb ladders, push/pull up to 100 lbs, handle heat and cold, operate cleaning equipment
This is full time permanent position. Monday to Friday with the ability to cover unforeseen facility demands on occasion. Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a generous vacation package, sick leave with pay, and group benefits after 90 days of employment. There is parking at the Kanata location.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email or mail by January 19, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Only those eligible for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this role. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds. We offer a competitive salary and benefit packages for full-time employees.
|Kim Sheldrick, Director Finance, HR & Facilities|
Hospice Care Ottawa
114 Cameron Avenue,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|