Director of Care
Director of Care
|Arnprior Regional Health|
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posted: September 8th 2019
Deadline: September 13th, 2019
The Arnprior & District Memorial Hospital and the Grove Nursing Home are located in the Town of Arnprior, less than 30 minutes northwest of Ottawa. There are approximately 320 staff, 200 volunteers and a growing number of medical staff providing exemplary care to over 30,000 residents of West Ottawa, McNab-Braeside, Arnprior and portions of Mississippi Mills.
Currently, we are seeking one full-time Director of Care to provide overall management of resident care programs for the Grove Nursing Home. The incumbent will be responsible for a wide array of duties including but not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and managing the schedule and performance of staff in accordance with and ensuring compliance with applicable policies, collective agreement provisions, standards and legislation
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and supervision of all policy and procedures pertaining to the delivery of resident care programs
- Completing resident admission contracts on all admissions and determining the appropriateness of accepting residents onto the waiting list
- Conducting investigations and reviews of any resident issue(s)
- Liaising with family members on a regular basis and attending Family Council meetings as required.
- Financial management and budgeting; forecasts, develops and monitors variances
- Measuring quality activities of the department and reporting on outcomes
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in a long-term care setting ( unionized environment) is essential
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- RN Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CNA Certification in Gerontology Nursing (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience implementing quality improvement Initiatives and responding to recommendations from MOHLTC inspections
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Long-Term Care Homes Act
- Demonstrated management skills (i.e., accounting, business strategy, project management, communications, human resources, performance management and evaluation, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and on concurrent projects
- Sound organizational and multitasking skills to prioritize tasks and manage workload
- Leadership style and skills in keeping with the Arnprior Regional Health values
To be considered, please submit your resume up to and including September 13th, 2019. We anticipate interviews will be held between September 16th and 27th.
While we thank all candidates for their interest and only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Arnprior Regional Health
Arnprior, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|