Manager, Donor Relations
Manager, Donor Relations
|Ottawa Humane Society|
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: March 11th 2018
Deadline: April 11th, 2018
The Ottawa Humane Society (OHS) is a not-for-profit independent organization funded by the donations of individuals and businesses for animal welfare work in Ottawa. We do not receive any government funding, or funding from any welfare group for this work.
We have an immediate opening for a Manager, Donor Relations. The person in this role will be a passionate individual with a proven track record in development and donor relationship management responsible for ensuring the Ottawa Humane Society is successful in meeting our fundraising goals. This is a great opportunity to work in a community based organization focused on animal welfare.
- Develop and maintain relationships with OHS clients and prospects
- Coordinate the development, implementation and tracking of the OHS mid-level, major gift and foundation plans
- Develop written and other materials to support various individual and foundation initiatives
- Manage and coordinate resources effectively
- Supervise and coordinate volunteers and contractors
- Prepare and deliver written and verbal presentations
- Evaluate program objectives
- Participate in the identification and achievement of OHS objectives
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of social, environmental issues relating to animal health and welfare
- Participate in public relations and promotional activities
Full job description available by contacting email@example.com
Required Education and Experience:
- A degree or diploma in fundraising or commensurate experience
- 2 to 4 years of demonstrated excellent performance in development
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in donor and prospect research
- Experience using the Raisers Edge database preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are required
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred
Essential duties and working conditions:
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining confidentiality of OHS information
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to work around all species of animals safely
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the above qualifications, please forward your resume and cover letter indicating your salary expectations.
This opportunity will be posted until a qualified candidate is identified. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The Ottawa Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer. The OHS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the OHS regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
|Manager: Human Resources|
Ottawa Humane Society
245 West Hunt Club Road,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|