|Arnprior Regional Health|
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posted: September 8th 2019
Deadline: September 13th, 2019
Arnprior Regional Health (ARH) is a leader in health care and the local health care network for select acute care, long term care and other community services. The ARH hub includes the Arnprior and District Memorial Hospital, The Grove Nursing Home, the Primary Health Care Centre and Community Outreach Services. ARH received exemplary standing the highest status awarded by Accreditation Canada.
ARH is supported through the Arnprior Regional Health Foundation (ARHF), led by a Board of Directors comprised of passionate and committed individuals who represent a tight-knit, caring community. ARHF began in 2007 in response to the first capital expansion required to redevelop the hospital’s emergency department.
Today the town of Arnprior is one of eastern Ontario’s fastest-growing communities and has one of the oldest populations in the province. This combination is increasing the demand for philanthropic support for to ensure needs are met for both capital medical equipment and technology available in the hospital along with a significant investment in seniors care. The foundation is currently focused on the redevelopment of its long-term care facility, The Grove. The Grove, once completed with renovations, will increase capacity in the region with the addition of new beds and provide a living environment designed purposefully and thoughtfully for a geriatric population. Beyond the successful completion of The Grove is a vision for a robust senior’s village supporting a continuum of care.
ARHF is seeking a Managing Director. We would like to see a dynamic and experienced philanthropic leader to guide the Foundation through to the successful conclusion of the current “Come Home to Great Care” campaign and build capacity for the future.
Statement of Purpose:
The board of directors of the Arnprior Regional Health Foundation delegates responsibility for the day to day operations of the Foundation to the Managing Director. He or she carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the policies and strategy set out by the board. The Managing Director oversees Foundation employees, supports and directs a team of community leaders (“the cabinet”) and works collaboratively with the hospital’s leadership team and staff. This position reports directly to the board.
- Implements goals and objectives set out by the board through their strategic plan. The Managing Director (MD) will translate the goals and objectives into an annual operational plan. The plan includes KPI’s designed to measure performance and assess risk.
- Through excellent relationship building skills and the execution of a campaign plan, the MD will identify and close major gifts to complete the "Come Home to Great Care" campaign.
- Builds relationships with allied professionals in support of developing and implementing planned giving program.
- Responsible for sustaining current strategies and plans and makes recommendations on the implementation of new trends and resources’ necessary to support the Foundation’s mission.
- Develops and coaches staff and volunteers, fostering a team environment building capacity within the organization.
- Responsible for cultivating a culture of philanthropy among all stakeholders and executes best practice stewardship demonstrating transparency and building trust.
- Fosters a collaborative relationship between the foundation and the ARH Hub.
- Designs and implements an effective communications plan to enhance and build awareness, inspiring engagement with the Foundation.
- Assures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant regulating bodies.
- Develop and support a strong board of directors, serve as ex-officio on board committees as established
- Responsible for communicating with the board, providing in a timely accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function effectively and to make informed decisions
- With the executive committee, focuses the board's attention on meeting the current organizational priorities, identifying and mitigating risk, as well as long-range strategic issues
- Manages a board skills matrix identifying gaps making recommendations for the board and its committees
- Working with the chairs of committees, establishes prioritized annual work plans to ensure the board is able to carry out all governance responsibilities
- Responsible for the positive image of the Foundation by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with and supporting community volunteers
- Responsive to donors, volunteers, ARH staff and board in order to enhance and expand relations and generate community engagement
- Ensures and communicates that ARHF delivers on the donor promise
Operational Excellence and Building Capacity:
- Support, coach and motivate Foundation staff and volunteers
- Create annual fundraising plans and budgets, reporting and communicating effectiveness and productivity, focusing on year over year growth
- Accountable for the financial management of the organization including developing financial plans, monitoring and reporting on the annual budget
- Creates, maintains and reports on dashboard metrics, using metrics to communicate program effectiveness
- Minimum of five years of progressive fund development experience with a general breadth of knowledge in all fundraising programs. Major gift experience is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills including planning, delegating, negotiating, developing, implementing, measuring and reporting on budgets, plans and strategy.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to professional development both personally and in leading and training others.
- Flexibility to work extended hours.
- Knowledge of Arnprior and the surrounding community is an asset.
- A passion for philanthropy, healthcare and community.
- Capital campaign experience an asset.
- CFRE designation is an asset.
The ARHF is well-positioned for growth. The Foundation is still considered young in its development (founded in 2006) and has a solid track record of success. With the strong case for support for the current campaign, a focus on pipeline development and moves management, the successful candidate will celebrate with the community the successful conclusion of "Come Home to Great Care" by the end of 2021.
The successful candidate is a strong relationship builder who also enjoys implementing process and leading change. The candidate will be well supported by an engaged community, dedicated volunteers and a strong hospital leadership team.
To be considered, please send your resume with cover letter to the Arnprior Regional Health Foundation by email no later than noon on Friday, September 13th, 2019.
While we thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Arnprior Regional Health|
Arnprior, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|