Location: Cornwall , Ontario
Posted: September 3rd 2019
Deadline: November 2nd, 2019
MPiQC is an electronic manufacturing services (EMS) company. Our services are provided at the highest standards to be recognized as a global leader in OEM optimization in IPC Class 2 & Class 3 manufacturing. Our projects have included complex work on client profiles in markets such as defence, military, space, communications and high-end commercial.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Manager. This is a full-time position.
The Quality Manager is the management representative for ISO/AS and as such is responsible for ensuring that the quality and business processes at MPIQC is compliant to ISO/AS.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Maintains ISO9001, ISO13485 & AS9100 certifications by being knowledgeable of and following appropriate documents in the quality manual as well as other procedures.
- Plans and executes internal audits, in compliance with ISO/AS requirements.
- Ensures the QMS documentation is adequately maintained and ensures internal requirements are in alignment with quality standards and customer expectations.
- Liaises with the relevant quality regulatory bodies on behalf of MPIQC.
- Reviews and maintains the MPIQC quality manual as well as the quality objectives.
- Overviews the metrics on quality to identify the root cause of defects for elimination.
- Performs root cause analysis on customer complaints and provides corrective actions (8D- methodology).
- Ensures that the company and customer’s interests and requirements are clearly understood by the supplier.
- Creates new inspection criteria and/or verifies current inspection results and analyzes deviations from expected results.
- Provides verbal and written communication on quality issues to appropriate functional groups, customers, vendors and management.
- Responsible for MPIQC continuous improvement program.
- Responsible for MPIQC training program.
- Responsible for health and safety measures.
- Other related duties as required.
- Experience developing and managing customer relationships is an asset.
- Excellent organizational planning, problem solving, project management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal qualities to interact with production personnel and engineers to analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive work ethic, willingness to learn and change in a dynamic environment.
- Proven customer service, effective teamwork combined with project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and energize others and achieve measurable results.
- Experienced change agent with strong influencing skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing; preferably in the electronics industry.
- 1 year of experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Fully conversant with ISO/AS certification requirements.
- Good organizational and interpersonal qualities to interact with production personnel and engineers to analyze and solve problems.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
This position is open to Canadian citizens or residents only, who will also be required to pass a police security background check and qualify for controlled goods.
550 Campbell Street,
Cornwall , Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|