Invest Ottawa delivers economic development programs and initiatives that increase entrepreneurial momentum, wealth and jobs in the City of Ottawa and its surrounding region. Its goal is to make Ottawa the most innovative city in Canada. Invest Ottawa services include start-up incubation and mentorship, acceleration for existing companies, global business attraction and local business retention, targeted sector development, commercialization, and marketing Ottawa’s diversified economy and high quality of life.
Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards is seeking an Executive Team Administrator.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President of Infrastructure, Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards, the Executive Team Administrator is responsible to support the productive management, administration and operations of the vice president (MD), while supporting the marketing, communications and infrastructure team with administrative tasks.
This position requires a very high level of confidentiality and discretion in communications, strong ethical and professional standards, the ability to manage multiple relationships both internally across the organization and externally with clients, excellent time and project management skills, and an ability to troubleshoot quickly and effectively, and readily adapt to changing priorities, deadlines and time sensitive opportunities. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Marketing Communications Administrative Activities
- Provides administrative support, manages a complex calendar, schedules appointments, coordinates and support high level events, manages correspondence, and makes travel arrangements for the vice presidents
- Supports the vice presidents and the associated teams as needed with various reports, presentations, documents, press releases, media management, campaigns, social media and web management (as required); this includes: proof reading and editing, dictation of notes including minutes and actions, online research and briefing notes
- Responsible for marketing and communications team calendar management
- Contributes to the management of executive correspondence and email, including responding on behalf of the vice presidents in approved situations
- Schedules and coordinates attendance, agendas, and materials for the marketing and communications and Infrastructure meetings as required
- Records minutes of discussions, decisions and actions at meetings as required
- Maintains the reporting spreadsheets for business results and metrics, and annual operating plan
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Prepares and drafts written and verbal correspondence and presentation materials as required
- Performs other general administrative duties such as ad hoc projects, supports letters and briefings as required
- Tracks vacation for the marketing and communications team
- CRM support for marketing and communications data entry
Infrastructure Team (approximately one day per week)
- CRM input – event data, licensee data
- Scan all Bayview Yards design build related documents to One Drive (paper reduction project)
- Contract documentation management
- Assistance with Bayview Yards phase 2 project administration
- Assist with subcommittee meeting room bookings, documents, presentation, invitations and minutes
- 5+ years of administrative experience supporting senior level management
- Established track record of supporting C-suite executives
- Must be highly organized, pay close attention to details and proactively follow-up
- Ability to anticipate needs and issues and act accordingly in addition to exhibiting good judgment
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet work demands (ex. early mornings, after hours)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Known for strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship building, collaborative skills
- Experienced with CRM, and B2C applications such as Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in commerce, or business administration or any related field
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume in confidence to Invest Ottawa by email. This posting will remain open until it is filled.
Invest Ottawa/ICBY is an equal opportunity employer. Invest Ottawa/ICBY offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Invest Ottawa/ICBY regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
Invest Ottawa/ICBY thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.