|Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board|
Location: Napanee, Ontario
Posted: August 10th 2017
Deadline: August 18th, 2017
Salary: $19.72 per hour
The Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board is recruiting for a Secretary – Learning Services. This is a 1.0 FTE position, seven hours per day.
The Secretary – Learning Services provides supports to various staff members in the Learning Services department by performing various secretarial duties related to Learning Services. The Secretary will be capable of handling a variety of sensitive and confidential assignments efficiently and with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for efficient and accurate keyboard input of reports, evaluations, minutes, questionnaires, letters and memos by oral instructions and/or written material
- Responsible for arranging meetings, workshops and in-services
- Responds to all incoming calls in a timely fashion and refers calls to appropriate staff member as required
- Effectively communicates with outside agencies, and school staff on confidential information and reports
- Promotes the smooth and efficient functioning of the Learning Services offices
- Responsible for input and maintenance of staff attendance reports and expense accounts.
- Prepares and submits Ministry reports
- Prepares preliminary financial reports for supervisor and/or Ministry
- Coordinates transportation requests for students with special needs
- Maintains and tracks changes to Board and Ministry Policies, Procedures and Initiatives
- Maintains Department schedules and deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and/or secretarial courses at community college or equivalent work related experience
- Two to three years of experience in a secretarial environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to keyboard a minimum of 55 w.p.m.
- Computer literate, knowledge and experience in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs in keeping with latest programs supplied by Board
- Knowledge of in-house computer programs, including regular upgrade of skills and ability
- Excellent diplomatic skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven to work independently in a confidential environment
- Knowledge of Board Policies and Procedures, Ministry policies, Education Act; M.E.T. Policies and Procedures; Provincial
- Government Regulations, Collective Agreements, Parent Guidelines, Special Education: A Guide for Educators an asset
Only applications received by August 18, 2017 by 4:00 p.m. will be considered. Applicants must submit a cover letter with an updated resume including details of qualifications and experience.
We thank all those individual who apply; however, only those applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged.
|Christine Farrell, Staffing Officer|
Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
Napanee, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|