Site Support Worker
Site Support Worker
|Kingston Community Health Centres|
Location: Napanee, Ontario
Posted: August 3rd 2017
Deadline: August 18th, 2017
Salary: $17.10 to $18.09 per hour
All of the sites that together form Kingston Community Health Centres (KCHC) share a common philosophical premise and mission statement. We care for individuals and families, respond to their neighborhood concerns to improve their health and to build healthy communities. At KCHC we understand health in its broadest sense. We believe that health is not only affected by our genes, nutrition and fitness level but it is also strongly associated with our opportunities to work, play, learn and contribute to community.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Support Worker. This is a part-time, contract position up to 8 hours per week, from September 2017 to June 2018. Position is primarily located in Napanee.
In order to provide safe, focused and positive environments, the Site Support Worker is present before, during and after group programming. They work in cooperation with staff to ensure safety and security measures are met. Other responsibilities may include clean up or maintenance duties, keeping participant and volunteer attendance, preparing snacks and meals, monitoring specific resources on loan during programming and being the first person on site to greet all participants and volunteers in a warm, welcoming, patient and non-judgmental fashion, and the last one to say goodbye when they leave.
Safety & Time Management:
- Open and set up rooms
- Conduct on site safety checks and walkabout, as scheduled and as needed
- Produce and maintain volunteer nametags, attendance sheets, logs, newsletters and resources, as needed
- Produce and maintain attendance sheets, logs/monitoring sheets and resources, as needed
- Support security and caretaking routines specific to the site location
- Ensure admission is restricted to registered participants, volunteers and staff
- Collect program related items for secure storage on site, assisting with any return items to proper storage areas
- Supervise as participants leave the building promptly and safely at end of programming
- Ensure volunteers and staff have left the building by arranged closing hours
- Ensure the rooms are and building locked
Communications & Teamwork:
- Meet briefly with program staff to ensure clear communication on needs and scheduling
- Bring any issues or difficulties to the timely attention of the lead staff members for the group
- Work with staff as a team in handling emergency or difficult situations
- Keep the relevant Manager up to date on any participant, volunteer, program or site issue or incident
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application and development of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- On occasion, perform other temporary duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education and experience related to hospitality, education, and/or working with groups
- Experience working with diverse groups of people, an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective time management, organizational, conflict resolution and multi-tasking skills
- Above average oral and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural context with persons who are not native English speakers, an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a commitment to being a “team player”
- Understands the challenges faced by persons facing social, economic and cultural barriers
- Multicultural awareness and appreciation, gender sensitivity, and ability to work effectively in a diverse environment with co-workers, clients and partners
- Ability to treat all individuals with respect and interact in a tactful and supportive manner while maintaining professional boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Organizational Competencies: accountability, client focus, collaboration, continuous Learning
- Position Competencies: teamwork, safety, attention to detail, communications, time management, conflict resolution
- Availability for regular evening hours
- Able to travel to various sites utilized by KCHC, including Napanee
- Valid driver’s license and valid insurance, access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- French language is an asset
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
- Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
- Save all documents as a single file using your own name (Last, First). A PDF format is preferred.
- Email citing reference “SSCZ-2017” in the subject line.
- Applications must be received by the Human Resources Manager by 4:00 pm, Friday, August 18, 2017.
|Kingston Community Health Centres|
Napanee, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|